Monday, July 4, 2011

Chip is NOT a boy!

Carolyn sold two of her felted scarves to some teachers at school back in the spring to pay for her newest angora, Chip.  He was to be a buck, a boy so she could begin her breeding program.  Well, as fate would have it, there will be no babies for our Lola yet.  Chip is a girl!  I have checked and checked.  No signs of male anatomy anywhere.  He is now 5 months so certain things should be apparent.  Oh well...I guess we should call her Chipette!  However, we still love him...er her.  I don't know if we will ever get used to calling him a girl.

2 comments:

  1. I had that happen to a kitten I got once. Her/His name was Rosebud when she was sold to me. 3 months later I noticed something that was there that didn't used to be there, changed His name to Mioko. He was once of the best cats we ever had. Miss him a lot. Enjoy Chipette. I saw you joined our group and thought I would stop by and say hi. My blog is kellyscrafts-kellyscrafts.blogspot.com. Stop by and take a look sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny how that happens sometimes. Oh well, we will just have to get another boy to go along with Lola and Chip(ette). I know my daughter will be thrilled. I can't wait to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete