Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We love to make things from wool!


Carolyn was the reason we started working with wool.  She and I have enjoyed making scarves and needle felted sculptures together.  She is now working on making jewelry too from wool and I have started making bowls.  I have always loved to crochet.  In fact, I think I was Carolyn's age when I first learned.  It took forever then to finish anything and more often than not I didn't finish.  Since then I have made numerous afghans, scarves, and even stuffed animals.  I had never really used wool before.  I had always used Red Heart from the local Walmart.  Oh boy, what fun it is to make something and then felt it until the stitches are no longer visible and what is in front of me has been transformed into a thick sturdy piece.  I have now made two bowls.  The first one is more lightly felted and the second very tightly felted.  I am amazed by how nicely they hold their shape.  I see Christmas presents for family members and friends when I look at them.   Plus, I have added them to our Etsy store.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/kiomade

1 comment:

  1. beautiful! I've never seen anything like this before, it's a great idea! x

    ReplyDelete